Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPhone health app heart rate gone

All of my heart rate data is missing from my iPhone health app. And, the measurement option is also gone.

The solution that I have found is outdated and no longer relevant. And, most of the answers I’m seeing today are regarding the Apple Watch, which I don’t have.

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 11, 2024 4:36 PM

1 reply

Apr 12, 2024 1:21 AM in response to wdb95126

By themselves, iPhones lack the necessary sensors to directly measure your heart rate. Unlike some smartwatches, iPhones don't have built-in optical heart rate sensors that can detect blood flow changes beneath your skin.

• To measure your heart rate with an iPhone, you'll need either an Apple Watch equipped with this sensor or a third-party app that leverages your phone's camera.
  • These camera-based apps typically require you to place your finger on the rear camera lens and use the phone's flash to illuminate your fingertip. The app then analyzes the subtle variations in blood flow through your finger to estimate your heart rate.

The pic below is self-explanatory.

iPhone health app heart rate gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.