Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Distorting Audio

I want to distort someone's voice on purpose for a new investigative piece I am doing. What would be the best filter/tool for that in FCP?

Thanks

mp

Posted on Aug 24, 2010 4:54 PM

5 replies

Aug 24, 2010 5:55 PM in response to Marco_Polo

I'm guessing when you say "distort" - you don't actually want to over modulate, just give some sort of stylized filter to make an old timey feel - or radio sound.

If you mess with the High Pass Filter, you can get some good results. Set the frequency to around 1400, and the Q to about 3.

See if that's close to what you are looking for.

Best,

pJ

Aug 24, 2010 6:06 PM in response to Marco_Polo

Okay got it. Keep the identity a secret.

In looking through my FCP audio filters, nothing there jumps out.

Here is one suggestion - you can try running the audio in Garage Band and use the Vocal Transformer filter.

That filter may also be in Soundtrack (I don't use it) - in which case, you could promote that section of audio to Soundtrack - put the transformer filter on it - and it will be in your FCP timeline.

If you do it in Garage Band, it will require an export and then reimport (and eye match it - OR don't give it handles and overwrite it)

Best,
pJ

Distorting Audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.