Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Since last update unable to use cellular data to play Apple music

Since the latest update I’m unable to play Apple Music on cellular data. I’ve checked the forums and the fixes provided do not work. Factory resetting network settings does not work. Toggling cellular data on and off doesn’t work. Changing streaming quality doesn’t work. Toggling private relay on and off doesn’t work. Force quitting the app doesn’t work. Currently the only work around is to turn on my vpn app. After connecting using nordVPN for example cellular streaming works. Only thing I can think is Apple is not allowing my cell provider to stream music. If anyone has found an alternative solution let me know.

Posted on Apr 14, 2024 12:42 AM

10 replies

Apr 19, 2024 1:36 AM in response to Jojosilvera

Hi! I've got very similar problem, but inversely - I cannot use Apple Music through my WiFi connection (on Mac, iPad and iPhone), cellular / hotspot works instead. I have tried pretty much every solution, like re-signing in to Apple services, switching on/off private IP address, turning VPN on/off, contact my internet provider, changing router encryption among WPA2/3, nothing works. On Mac the app freezes after hitting play button, on iPad / iPhone after a while I've got an error "The resource is unavailable". What's interesting, the whole interface works just fine, like searching, adding songs to playlists etc. It's very bizarre issue, yet extremely annoying. Does anyone might have any solution? It happened instantly on every devices of mine, not related to any update.

Since last update unable to use cellular data to play Apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.