iCloud sign-in on Windows not working

I installed iCloud on my Windows 11 (22H2) desktop last week to make it easier to access my photos taken with my iPhone 15. I signed into iCloud successfully and my photos synced. This morning, I was greeted with a sign-in window for iCloud. I entered my account password and I received the authorization request to my phone. I entered the 6-digit code from my phone but I get the following message:

My desktop is connected via wired Ethernet connection to our corporate network and my iPhone is connected to our corporate wi-fi access point. This message did not appear last week when I installed iCloud, everything was fine last week, I signed in, my photos synced and there was no sign of any issues. My desktop has bluetooth, but I do not use it to connect my iPhone (it has never been connected via bluetooth).

Since the iCloud Windows app rejects my sign-in for an unknown reason, I cannot get rid of the sign-in window. I close it, but it comes back after a few seconds. This is extremely annoying behavior. And you cannot close the iCloud app from the Windows taskbar.

I have gone through the sign-in and approval steps on my phone using the 6-digit code multiple times but it still doesn't work.

iPhone 15

Posted on Apr 15, 2024 1:39 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 24, 2024 4:52 AM in response to cbope2

I have exactly the same problem since this morning. My Apple ID is connected in the iCloud app but the iCloud Keychain is disabled :

If I click Approve... I noticed that I don't receive the validation code anymore. If I ask for the code by phone, I receive it but after entering it nothing happens.

I tried to contact the support but they were not helping at all.

iCloud sign-in on Windows not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.