Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Transfer Game Center progress to child

My daughter have been using my Apple ID to play games in arcade, now that's she's old enough to have her own device we created her own account. there really should be a way to transfer the Game Center progress to a child, I think it's obvious that a lot of parents have this exact problem. for instance she's been playing sneaky Sasquatch for years, and now she can't continue on her own iPad, because she's been playing it on my Apple ID on our Apple TV the whole time.. this seems easily fixed, so please fix it.

Posted on Apr 15, 2024 2:34 PM

3 replies

Apr 24, 2024 6:04 AM in response to AskFxxx

Unfortunately, Apple doesn't currently offer a direct way to transfer game progress between accounts.

However, there are a few potential workarounds you could consider. Firstly, some games offer their own account systems or cloud save functionality independent of Game Center. Check if Sneaky Sasquatch, or any other games your daughter plays, offers such a feature. If it does, she may be able to create her own account within the game and transfer her progress that way.

Another option is to continue using your Apple ID for game progress on her device, but ensure she has her own Apple ID for other purposes. While this isn't an ideal solution, it would allow her to continue playing her games without losing progress.

Lastly, you can provide feedback directly to Apple about your experience and request a feature to transfer game progress between Apple IDs. Apple often listens to user feedback and may consider implementing such a feature in future updates to Game Center or other services.

In the meantime, I recommend exploring the options within individual games and considering which approach works best for your situation.

Apr 24, 2024 6:59 AM in response to AskFxxx

AskFxxx wrote:

My daughter have been using my Apple ID to play games in arcade, now that's she's old enough to have her own device we created her own account. there really should be a way to transfer the Game Center progress to a child, I think it's obvious that a lot of parents have this exact problem. for instance she's been playing sneaky Sasquatch for years, and now she can't continue on her own iPad, because she's been playing it on my Apple ID on our Apple TV the whole time.. this seems easily fixed, so please fix it.

Data can't be transferred from one Apple ID to another and asking Apple to do so won't accomplish anything. It will just waste your time and Apple's.

The route I would recommend is contacting the app developer to find out if they have a mechanism for transferring data.

Another thing left out of the previous post is the feedback link should you want to give Apple feedback:

Product Feedback - Apple

May 4, 2024 8:08 AM in response to AskFxxx

I found a solution for this issue, with the same game. My child had been playing Sneaky Sasquatch on my phone, but now uses an iPad Mini.

I was able to transfer save data by using iMazing, a third party app for MacOS, which allows you to access your device's filesystem including app bundles, etc. You can copy an app bundle–which for Sneaky Sasquatch includes saved progress data–from your phone and then put it on the iPad. See this guide from iMazing.

See also this YouTube video for a (possibly outdated) general idea of the process.

Transfer Game Center progress to child

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.