Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Iphone 12 suddenly no internet

phone 12 was able to connect with the internet in my house using my wifi and away from my house. however today it only works in my house

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 15, 2024 7:50 PM

3 replies

Apr 15, 2024 8:05 PM in response to lancebr

lancebr Said:

"Iphone 12 suddenly no internet : phone 12 was able to connect with the internet in my house using my wifi and away from my house. however today it only works in my house"

-------

Report back if anything here helps...

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi:

A few thoughts to try:

I. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch won't Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

II. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

III. Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

IV. Reconnect to your Network:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Wi-Fi
  3. Disable: Wi-Fi
  4. Wait: 30 seconds
  5. Enable: Wi-Fi

V. Add Back the Network:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Wi-Fi
  3. Remove: the network
  4. Wait: 30 seconds
  5. Add: the network back

Apr 16, 2024 8:42 AM in response to lancebr

"'today it only works in my house', thus it works on my wifi, but not outside."

-------

Seems I misinterpreted your post --seemed to me you could use Wi-Fi at other locations (around the block or on the other side of town).

A. Single-Out this Device:

Is this on your iPhone alone? Bring your laptop(or some other Wi-Fi device) outside and see if you get this error.

B. Refresh the Router:

So, if it's not working outside, then unplug the router from power for 30 seconds and then power it back on. Try this one more.

C. Time for a New Router?:

So, how old is your router? I it is from the last decade, then, with Wi-Fi 6 being abroad, take this as a good reason to get a new router.

Iphone 12 suddenly no internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.