How to put iPhone in recovery mode?

I am trying to put my iphone into recovery mode but it is not working, what do I do?

Posted on Apr 15, 2024 8:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2024 10:34 PM

"How to put iPhone in recovery mode?: I am trying to put my iphone into recovery mode but it is not working, what do I do?"

-------

Overview this Link: If you can't Update or Restore your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

4 replies

Apr 16, 2024 7:54 AM in response to Ivan_Rain

Hey guys, putting an iPhone in recovery mode is useful for troubleshooting various issues, especially when the device is stuck or not responding properly. Here's how you can do it:

Connect your iPhone to the computer: Use a Lightning cable to connect your iPhone to Mac or PC with iTunes or Finder installed.

Then you can put your iPhone in recovery mode:

For iPhone 8 or later models:

Press and release the Volume Up button.

Press and release the Volume Down button.

Press and hold the power button until you see the recovery mode screen.

For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus:

Press and hold the Volume Down button and the power button simultaneously.

Keep holding them until you see the recovery mode screen.

For iPhone 6s and earlier models:

Press and hold the Home button and the power button simultaneously.

Keep holding them until you see the recovery mode screen.

This will put the iPhone in recovery mode.

Once your iPhone is in recovery mode, you'll see a prompt in iTunes or Finder asking if you want to Restore or Update your iPhone. Keep in mind that putting your iPhone in recovery mode and restoring it will erase all data on the device, so make sure to back up your data if possible.

[Edited by Moderator]

Apr 15, 2024 10:28 PM in response to Ivan_Rain

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple community. I have listed some stats for load that will assist you in putting your iPhone into recovery mode. Hope this helps.

1. Using the cable that came with your ‌iPhone‌, connect the device to a computer that has the latest version of iTunes installed.
  2. Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC.
  3. With the ‌iPhone‌ connected, force restart it with the following steps, but don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Instead, wait until the recovery mode screen appears.
  4. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
  5. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
  6. Press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen with the "Connect to iTunes" screen, then release it.
  7. Select your device in iTunes.
  8. You should see a message in iTunes saying that your ‌iPhone‌ is in Recovery Mode. You'll then be given options to update or restore your ‌iPhone‌’s software.

Hope this helps, thanks for reaching out.

Take care,

James

Apple community

Apr 15, 2024 10:29 PM in response to Ivan_Rain

1 Make sure that your Mac is up to date If you're using a PC, make sure you have the latest version of the Apple Devices app or iTunes

2 Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable.

3 Open the Finder on your Mac, or open the Apple Devices app on your PC. If your PC doesn't have the Apple Devices app, or your Mac is using macOS Mojave or earlier, open iTunes instead.

4 Keep your device connected and wait until the Connect to computer screen appears.

iPhone 8 or later, including iPhone SE (2nd generation and later): Press and quickly release the volum

e up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Then, press and hold the side button until you see the Connect to computer screen.

How to put iPhone in recovery mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.