Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I am unable to use the WASD keys for my Farmside game on my M1 iMac

The Apple Arcade "Farmside" game works fine on my AppleTV with a controller. However when I run it on my M1 iMac the keyboard WASD movement "keys" do not work.

Is there something I should set in the iMac System Setting for this to work?

Should the game be available on an iMac?

Also if I try to contact the game developer Support option from the iMac, the emailing fails. I have notified the developer of this problem.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac (M1, 2021)

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 5:52 AM

To enable WASD keyboard controls for the Farmside game on your M1 iMac, you may need to check the in-game settings or controls configuration. Some games allow you to customize keyboard controls, so look for an option to remap keys or enable keyboard controls in the game's settings menu. Additionally, ensure that your keyboard is functioning correctly by testing it with other applications or games on your iMac.

Regarding the availability of Farmside on an iMac, Apple Arcade games are generally designed to be compatible with various Apple devices, including Macs. However, not all games may support keyboard controls on macOS, so it's essential to check the game's system requirements or developer documentation for compatibility details.

If you're experiencing issues with contacting the game developer's support from your iMac, you can try reaching out to them through alternative channels. Visit the developer's website or social media pages to see if they provide alternative contact options such as email, support forums, or community channels. Additionally, you can report the issue directly through the Apple Arcade app or website, as Apple may assist in resolving technical issues with Arcade games.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2024 5:52 AM in response to RoyWagner

To enable WASD keyboard controls for the Farmside game on your M1 iMac, you may need to check the in-game settings or controls configuration. Some games allow you to customize keyboard controls, so look for an option to remap keys or enable keyboard controls in the game's settings menu. Additionally, ensure that your keyboard is functioning correctly by testing it with other applications or games on your iMac.

Regarding the availability of Farmside on an iMac, Apple Arcade games are generally designed to be compatible with various Apple devices, including Macs. However, not all games may support keyboard controls on macOS, so it's essential to check the game's system requirements or developer documentation for compatibility details.

If you're experiencing issues with contacting the game developer's support from your iMac, you can try reaching out to them through alternative channels. Visit the developer's website or social media pages to see if they provide alternative contact options such as email, support forums, or community channels. Additionally, you can report the issue directly through the Apple Arcade app or website, as Apple may assist in resolving technical issues with Arcade games.

I am unable to use the WASD keys for my Farmside game on my M1 iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.