Apple ID on Company Managed Macbook

Hi All,

I just received Macbook Pro from my office. Well since it is for work, then it was managed by my company. It is join my company domain so I have to login to the laptop with my work account, some of its feature was disabled, like Airdrop, USB transfer, and other common things to company’s managed laptop.

Anyway after I login to Macbook with my company ID, as usual it is still possible for me to login my Apple ID to the macbook (from the Settings in the Macbook). But what information I wanna ask here is, what my company can see to my private Apple ID account and any other Apple service I used if I login on this company managed Macbook device?

Why I need to login my Apple ID? So I can access my Apple service as usual, like sync my Notes and Reminders, share my Airpods across device, and so on. So it will be simple for me to work. I know there is an option to make another login profile, but of course it is not easy to switch between account just to check Notes or Reminders for example. But on the other hand, I also concerned if my company could see my personal things, especially many Passwords that I save on iCloud.

Well I need some enlightenment on this 😁

Thank you guys 🙋🏻‍♂️

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 8:44 AM

1 reply

Apr 17, 2024 10:06 AM in response to ah_shau

My opinion... don't do it.

It doesn't take much by the way of "thought experiment" to find sufficient justification for never associating a personal Apple ID with a "work" Apple ID.

You received a Mac from your office. That's great; that's the right way to do things. Remember — it is not your Mac. Create a separate Apple ID for your company's purposes. Do not use that Mac for personal business.

I know that's less than ideal, but less than ideal circumstances occur all the time, and they occur due to conditions completely beyond your ability to control. You do not want to intermingle your personal Apple ID and everything associated with it with your "work" Apple ID and everything associated with that.

Use separate Macs and separate Apple IDs.

But what information I wanna ask here is, what my company can see to my private Apple ID account and any other Apple service I used if I login on this company managed Macbook device?

The specific answer to that question is as follows: MDM deployment profiles are very broad and can certainly be configured to grant the company wide, essentially limitless control over that Mac and everything you do with it or on it.

Apple ID on Company Managed Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.