Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Logic Pro X Automation/MIDI in Piano Roll- Note Velocity values won't expand vertically for selection

Hi, All!

I just want to select the velocity of my MIDI notes within the region in the Piano Roll view. No matter how much I expand the track up or down the velocity parameters are severely scrunched up which makes them impossible to select. Why can't I expand the view? What am I missing? I attached a screenshot so you can see what I mean. There is all this space at the bottom I can't access to better grab the parameters.

Thanks!

P

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 1:27 PM

1 reply

Apr 18, 2024 5:47 AM in response to Patrick Sasso

For me, I do not automate velocity. Instead I click or select a group of notes and adjust the velocity slider. Also you can click on the piano roll keyboard, say F2 and adjust all the note velocities on that note at the same time. I usually do that and then click somewhere in the piano roll to unselect all the selected notes. Then shift-click a group of notes on the line and change those velocities so there is variation of velocity.

Logic Pro X Automation/MIDI in Piano Roll- Note Velocity values won't expand vertically for selection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.