Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple Pay payment processing issues

I am Sarkar from Bangladesh and I am having trouble with my payment processing and system. How can I resolve this. Please help me to resolve this problem by your kindness.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 10:23 AM

There are two primary areas that are may be the issue. One is the method used to make all Apple Pay transactions safe, biometrics (Face ID, Fingerprint ID). Some governments don’t permit biometrics to be used for financial transactions. Apple’s claim is it’s more secure and a fundamental part if making Apple Pay safer. Some countries banking laws require the PIN. Apple Pay does not utilize a PIN for credit card transactions.

The second issue is the storage of data. Some governments don’t want data stored outside the country. Apple servers are in the US. Even though all the data is encrypted and Apple does not have the key to decrypt, this runs contrary to some countries financial laws.

Lastly, there is the issue of the infrastructure the banks in the country need to implement. if the banks don’t see the financial advantage of adopting Apple Pay, they have no motivation to install the hardware and software required to implement Apple Pay.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2024 10:23 AM in response to kaium243

There are two primary areas that are may be the issue. One is the method used to make all Apple Pay transactions safe, biometrics (Face ID, Fingerprint ID). Some governments don’t permit biometrics to be used for financial transactions. Apple’s claim is it’s more secure and a fundamental part if making Apple Pay safer. Some countries banking laws require the PIN. Apple Pay does not utilize a PIN for credit card transactions.

The second issue is the storage of data. Some governments don’t want data stored outside the country. Apple servers are in the US. Even though all the data is encrypted and Apple does not have the key to decrypt, this runs contrary to some countries financial laws.

Lastly, there is the issue of the infrastructure the banks in the country need to implement. if the banks don’t see the financial advantage of adopting Apple Pay, they have no motivation to install the hardware and software required to implement Apple Pay.

Apr 18, 2024 9:28 AM in response to kaium243

Goldman Sachs has nothing to do with the adoption of Apple Pay in Bangladesh. Goldman Sachs is the issuer of Apple Card MasterCard. The card can be applied for by any legal US resident.

Apple Pay requires certain technology and infrastructure to operate. It uses different methods of protecting the privacy and security of credit card information. Google and other digital wallets use different methods. Apple Pay is currently not supported by the Bangladesh government and the banks in Bangladesh.

Apr 18, 2024 10:10 AM in response to Jeff Donald

Thanks for your valuable reply. You are taking about System and law also service. It’s all true.

But you don’t say the reality for your gentlemen attitude.

only thing I know clearly our government system is vulnerable, Corruption, Dishonesty unnecessary no idea about Security. So we don’t have almost any directly services we don’t get. Apple Pay and other services are same Bangladesh have no authority to give direct services. And India and China they don’t want we can able deal directly Please don’t mind just check am I right or wrong.

Apple Pay payment processing issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.