Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple pencil gen 1 sensitivity problem

I had Issues with my apple pencil 2 days ago, at first i think it just because the pencil is ran out battery. But today when i was going to draw something in procreate i realize that i cant use the pencil to draw in that app, the line didn't come out i try to re-connect the apple pencil and its still didn't work.

Until i try my pencil in notes and freeform, i can make line and draw but i can't give it a pressure of thick and thin line. Since that i realize there is something wrong with my apple pencil gen 1, i try to look up for the solution in youtube google and i end up searching help in here. Can someone explain what happen to my apple pencil gen 1?

If i change the tip can it fixed the probelm? Or what should i do to fix this problem because i really need this to be done ASAP.

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 7:16 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 18, 2024 7:17 AM in response to Owhlinp1

If the Pencil doesn't work at all having changed the Pencil tip, this might suggest that the transducer that interacts with the iPad screen has been damaged or broken.

if the Pencil has been dropped onto its tip, or if the tip has been subjected to unnecessary force, the transducer element that its located beneath the replaceable plastic tip can be damaged, rendering the Pencil useless. A damaged Pencil cannot be repaired - only replaced.

You might be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess both your iPad and Pencil:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apr 18, 2024 4:07 AM in response to Owhlinp1

Not all Apps support the pressure sensitivity feature of Apple Pencil. Unless the Pencil tip shows visible signs of wear, changing the tip is unlikely to make any difference at all.

Additionally, some Users report apparent loss of sensitivity having updated their iPad to iPadOS 17.x - this suggesting a potential issue with recent system software updates.

Ensure that the Pencil tip is snugly screwed into the body of the Apple Pencil; when fitted correctly you should see a tiny gap, of about the thickness of a sheet of paper, between the tip and pencil body. If slightly loosened, or overtightened, the Pencil may not work properly, if at all.

If you are able, try using your Pencil with a different iPad, noting the version of installed iPadOS. This test may provide additional clues as to the source of observed behaviour.

Apr 18, 2024 7:05 AM in response to LotusPilot

After i read your reply i think maybe it because i update to ipados, the ipad i was using is ipad 9th gen, i don't intend to update the software but unfortunately my software update is automatic.

Do apple considered to solve this problem? That maybe cause a lot of user go through the same problem like me?

i only just have this device so in this state i can't test my apple pencil in other devices, i had tried to loosen or thighten the tip of the pencil and try it with the new tip, it doesn't work at all.

Do you have another solutions that i can do in this case?

Apple pencil gen 1 sensitivity problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.