How to update iOS on my Apple device

why didi'nt update my apple

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 3:12 AM

13 replies

Apr 19, 2024 2:27 AM in response to sharan165

sharan165 wrote:

dis is my phone update

Whether or not you are able to update any iPhone to a newer version of iOS will be dictated by the iPhone model - and the currently installed version of iOS. You can find this information here:

Settings > General > About

Not sure which iPad you have? Identify your iPhone model - Apple Support

Here is a list of the highest version of iOS supported by recent models of iPhone (for simplicity - “generations” are shortened to a number), older devices being restricted in their ability to be updated:

iOS 17.4.1

iPhone 15 (all models)

iPhone 14 (all models)

iPhone 13 (all models)

iPhone 12 (all models)

iPhone 11 (all models)

iPhone XR, XS (all models)

iPhone SE2/SE3

iOS 16.7.7

iPhone X

iPhone 8 (all models)

iOS 15.8.2

iPhone 7 (all models)

iPhone 6S (all models)

iPhone SE1

iOS 12.5.7

iPhone 6

iPhone 5S

iOS 10.3.4/3

iPhone 5/5C

If your iPhone is capable of update to a more recent version of iOS than is currently installed, these support pages outline both the available methods by which the update can be performed - and troubleshooting should you experience difficulties:

Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

iOS update and restore errors – Apple Support

Be aware that while an iPhone may be capable of update, in some circumstances you may need to use a computer to perform the update. To do so, you will need access to either a Windows PC (with iTunes for Windows installed - or more recent Apple Devices App) or a Mac computer (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of macOS). Ensure that your installed version of iTunes has been updated to the most recent version; the essential device drivers are included.

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

Update software on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

Apple Devices App (Windows PC):

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9np83lwlpz9k?hl=en-ms&gl=MS

If you have a beta profile installed, ensure this has been removed from your iPhone - as, otherwise, installation of production software updates may be inhibited. This support page provides the necessary information to remove the beta from your iPad:

How to uninstall iOS beta software - Apple Support

You should note that for your iPhone to install an available update, its battery must be charged to at least 50% capacity - and/or be connected to its Power Adapter.

How to update iOS on my Apple device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.