How to keep calculator on top of my browser window please?

I just bought a MacBook pro 2019 with Sonoma, and i'm very frustrated because i lost lot of working time searching on the web a simple need is how to keep the calculator on top of my browser window, just like in my older mac without third party apps!

Please help!

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 3:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 4:57 AM

When one places the calculator application over a browser (or any other application for that matter) window and then clicks on the underlying application, that application window will then occlude the calculator window. You can always cycle back to the calculator window with cmd+tab, but otherwise, this is how macOS is written and windows function.

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2024 4:57 AM in response to Ferssiwi

When one places the calculator application over a browser (or any other application for that matter) window and then clicks on the underlying application, that application window will then occlude the calculator window. You can always cycle back to the calculator window with cmd+tab, but otherwise, this is how macOS is written and windows function.

Apr 18, 2024 4:14 AM in response to Ferssiwi

Ferssiwi wrote:

I just bought a MacBook pro 2019 with Sonoma, and i'm very frustrated because i lost lot of working time searching on the web a simple need is how to keep the calculator on top of my browser window, just like in my older mac without third party apps!
Please help!

There are several ways to achieve this

One of the several ways as per image below

Simple and not complicated

Apr 18, 2024 7:32 AM in response to Ferssiwi

Ferssiwi wrote:

Please help!

Which mac was that? AFAICR, the built-in Calculator application never worked like that. Perhaps you had PCalc instead, as others have suggested?

Besides, PRP_53's suggestion to put it slightly on the side is a good alternative. It lets you keep both windows on, and also not have the calculator cover up part of the browser window.

Apr 19, 2024 2:47 AM in response to Ferssiwi

FYI, When i was searching for a solution first time, i found a trick that works, but the second day after starting my mac the calculator hides again my browser like before :( and i researched long time again in my browser history, and unfortunately didn't find anything!

So please if someone gets the same problem and found the solution, help me and big thanks in advance.

How to keep calculator on top of my browser window please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.