Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

2024 and still, messages in iCloud aren't syncing to all devices??

I am just so fed up with constantly trying to figure out why devices quit syncing whether it is messages or photos or whatever.

Now it is iMessage, I see the messages on my iPhone 14MaxPro, current IOS and they do not sync to my MacBook Pro, current OS.

In settings I press sync, I sign out of iCloud I sign back in, I press sync again, I reboot all systems.... NOTHING works, over and over and over again.

I am so tired of searching this forum and finding the same answers for the same issues and none of it works. Over and over and over.

I am probably in violation of the rules at this point.

Oh well, that won't fix it either.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 6:31 PM

4 replies

Apr 18, 2024 7:04 PM in response to muguy

Yeah,

Been there done that, No help at all.

These settings are already in play on my iPhone...

This first paragraph from that help section is what I would expect and is exactly what I am not experiencing.

"Set up Messages in iCloud, which includes Text Message Forwarding

When you set up Messages in iCloud on your devices, your entire messages history is kept up to date across those devices, even when you set up a new device. This includes messages sent or received with SMS/MMS (in green bubbles) or iMessage. You don't need to set up Text Message Forwarding separately, because that feature is built into Messages in iCloud."

Apr 18, 2024 7:43 PM in response to gchdrake

I’ve had creeping crud in some parts of iCloud, probably due to a flaky network connection.

Most recently with iCloud Keychain.

The only work-around I’ve found is to turn off iCloud on the flaky service on each device, wait a minute or so on each after disabling the service, and then shut down that device. Once all devices are shut down, force-restart one device and restart it, enable sync for the service on that device, and then reset and bring each of the rest online and enable iCloud on each.

2024 and still, messages in iCloud aren't syncing to all devices??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.