Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

My Clock No Longer Adjust to the Correct Time

Apparently it's decided after all these years to move me into the Eastern Daylight Time zone. I'm actually in Mountain Standard Time. I correct the time, set it and soon I'm back in Eastern Daylight again. There seems to be nowhere to set the time zone. There is a list of "closest city," none of which I know the Time zone of, and none anywhere close to me. Apparently Salt Lake City isn't a city. I suppose I can just set the clock and turn off all the automatic stuff, but it's nice to know the time is being kept according to a reference. Instead of 40 cities, why does it not just show the time zones? My older iMac has that capability as does my iPhone. But not this magnificent MacBook Pro.

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 7:29 PM

3 replies

Apr 19, 2024 1:24 AM in response to Mr. Bacon

On your Mac

1. Make sure that your Mac is connected to the internet.
  2. Open Location Services settings and make sure that Location Services is turned on. Then scroll to the bottom of the list of apps and services and click the Details button next to System Services. Make sure that "Time zone and system customization" is turned on.
  3. Open Date & Time settings and make sure that the option to set time and date automatically, as well as the option to set time zone automatically, are turned on.
  4. Restart your Mac.

Apr 20, 2024 10:36 AM in response to PRP_53

Did all that. Now, two days later, it's begun working again. Apparently some sort of glitch at Apple. Still interesting they don't allow you to choose the time zone when using Sonoma. I was thinking my problem was due to my VPN, but off or on I still couldn't get the correct time on my MacBook Pro. Now it's working again, same settings. If only the absurdities in the AppleTV, and Music programming would heal themselves...

Apr 20, 2024 1:50 PM in response to Mr. Bacon

Mr. Bacon wrote:

Did all that. Now, two days later, it's begun working again. Apparently some sort of glitch at Apple. Still interesting they don't allow you to choose the time zone when using Sonoma.

Here we agree to disagree.

Using 1 M1, 1 M2 and yes 1 M3 all with Sonoma 14.4.1

All automatic assigned my time zone as per the Closed City via Geolocation Service connected to my Internet Connection

In these computer setups YYZ and yes, No Commercial VPNs installed or used.

All other aspect of the above reply is well off from the original Query so nothing to say about those remarks

My Clock No Longer Adjust to the Correct Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.