New update problems ios 17.4.1

Like overheating issues battery draining faster even more faster

bgmi lagging not even android performance

it seems iPhone is getting worse day and day not better fix it so that it beets the odds

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 11:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2024 11:52 AM

Check Battery draining faster after updating iP… - Apple Community

In my case (iPhone 13 Pro, 92% battery health), switching off "Require Attention for Face ID" and "Attention-Aware Features" has completely solved the battery drain issue I had with 17.4.1.

4 replies

Apr 18, 2024 11:36 PM in response to ____Ahamad

Did you update iOS via Wi-Fi? If yes, try to use your computer to set it back to factory settings, which will download a complete iOS version and install it again on your device. Updating wirelessly only replaces changed parts in iOS, the rest stays on the iPhone, which can cause software issues in some cases.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Apr 27, 2024 7:39 AM in response to Mattttttttttttttttty

True but it is possible that the culprit is "Attention-Aware Features" rather than "Require Attention for Face ID".

In my case it was very clear that abnormal battery drain only took place during screed-on times.

In the beginning I thought it was one or a few broken apps but then I realised that the drain was independent of the apps used and of the display brightness level.

Eventually I circled the issue down to the attention aware features. The camera continuously monitors the movement of the eyes to prevent auto-lock. This seems to waste a lot of resources and cause unacceptable battery drain, at least in my case.

My take is that 17.4 and, even worse, 17.4.1 are defective systems that should have not passed beta testing.

Who knows, perhaps Apple had to close a security hole and they had no time to test the system properly.

Hopefully 17.5 will solve the issue but meanwhile I'm steering out of the Apple ecosystem: Mac OS is fine but iOS and iPadOS are defective products, in my view.

New update problems ios 17.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.