Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

end to end encryption on messenger

How do I turn off end to end encryption on messenger?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 7:09 AM

12 replies

Apr 19, 2024 1:15 PM in response to gustava1

Sorry. Not trying to avoid your question. It's just that Facebook would know more about it than your fellow users here.

What does the page say where the Learn more link leads to?

I did try looking up the notice just now, and for whatever reason, almost all matching links go to various Tik-Tok posts. Another site noted back this past December that; Facebook has recently announced that Messenger conversations will be end-to-end encrypted by default.

The forum post that statement is from included a link to the subject here.

Other than that, I can't suggest anything.

Apr 19, 2024 4:45 PM in response to gustava1

No problem, I did get that. Things like this can drive a person nuts.

What I wonder is, why haven't I seen the same type of thing on my devices? I use Facebook on my Mac, where Messages is part of their web site. No problem messaging people in either direction. On my iPad, I their two dedicated apps; one for Facebook and the separate Messenger app. No issues there, either. And I've kind of been using it a lot the past few months selling items locally through the Marketplace section.

Maybe a dumb question, but just to check anyway - have you updated Messenger to the latest version?

end to end encryption on messenger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.