Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Why can I not turn Focus off on iPad after last update 17.4.1?

After the latest update I tried to turn the focus off so I could receive notifications and texts on this iPad (it’s hooked to my phone and I do NOT have focus turned on there) but I am unable to totally turn off or delete.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 7:22 AM

3 replies

Apr 19, 2024 8:13 AM in response to Phil0124

Ok - I realized when you replied it is “do not disturb” that was the problem and not focus. I do not use either and it has been on somehow since my last update. There was no option to turn off. I went through every choice - then I asked Siri to turn it off. I had already asked her to remove focus and she couldn’t but she did turn off do not disturb.

thanks for replying!

Apr 19, 2024 9:40 AM in response to ts24hrzoo

ts24hrzoo wrote:

Ok - I realized when you replied it is “do not disturb” that was the problem and not focus. I do not use either and it has been on somehow since my last update. There was no option to turn off.

What used to be called "Do Not Disturb" has been expanded and is now called "Focus". It is turn off by tapping the icon on the Focus button in the Control Center. Or, by asking Siri.

Why can I not turn Focus off on iPad after last update 17.4.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.