Related Article: About Stolen Device Protection for iPhone

My Fave ID is not working and it is not allowing me to reset it

I try turning the phone on off and on, going to settings and resetting the Face ID and nothing works

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 10:04 AM

Try wiping the lens.

Has an error message appeared?

If you have an error, then consider the following:

According to Apple:

Using diagnostics available in iOS 14.6 or later, Apple has detected an issue with your TrueDepth camera that might cause it to not function as expected. The TrueDepth camera contains lasers, which might be disabled for safety reasons if the device malfunctions or is damaged. This won't prevent you from using your iPhone or iPad, but until your iPhone or iPad is updated or serviced, you might not be able to use Face ID, Animoji, Memoji, and some other features that use the front camera.

As a result, I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status. 🔧

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2024 10:04 AM in response to Sangeles15

Try wiping the lens.

Has an error message appeared?

If you have an error, then consider the following:

According to Apple:

Using diagnostics available in iOS 14.6 or later, Apple has detected an issue with your TrueDepth camera that might cause it to not function as expected. The TrueDepth camera contains lasers, which might be disabled for safety reasons if the device malfunctions or is damaged. This won't prevent you from using your iPhone or iPad, but until your iPhone or iPad is updated or serviced, you might not be able to use Face ID, Animoji, Memoji, and some other features that use the front camera.

As a result, I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status. 🔧

My Fave ID is not working and it is not allowing me to reset it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.