Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Problem with safe boot on my macbook pro m3 max

Good day! I need help! when you try to boot through the safe boot utility, the computer (macbook pro m3 max) will pop up a screen with a volume check and immediately restarts in normal mode and a window for entering a password into the system is displayed (the utility does not boot)

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 2:23 PM

4 replies

Apr 19, 2024 3:35 PM in response to RobinWurst

RobinWurst wrote:

Good day! I need help! when you try to boot through the safe boot utility, the computer (macbook pro m3 max) will pop up a screen with a volume check and immediately restarts in normal mode and a window for entering a password into the system is displayed (the utility does not boot)

Are you following these instructions for starting up in safe mode on a silicon Mac?

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Apr 21, 2024 7:12 AM in response to RobinWurst

Hello. Thank you for reaching out support in Apple Community.

If your Mac can not boot into recovery mode, it might be the hardware and both the software problem.

Try resetting the SMC of your Mac by pressing on the power button (hard shutdown) for 10 seconds, wait for 30 seconds, and then trying to boot in to recovery mode again. Also try booting in to safe mode.

Try to back up your files and then reinstall macOS after erasing the disk, too.

If the problem continues, please take your Mac to Apple Support

Official Apple Support

Thanks

Problem with safe boot on my macbook pro m3 max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.