Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

What formula for adding all the values corresponding to a match?

Good morning to everyone.

This is my first time posting a question here. I usually find all the needed answers thanks to the community but I'm completely stuck today and can't find the right formula, or way to do, to get to the finish line.

Pardon my basic question...

Here is what I intend to do:

I have created a table in which I have some dates and the received funds at this date.

Every 3 rows are corresponding to a specific unit.

I have created another table and the goal is to add all the funds received in a specific month.

So for example if the cell I'm checking in the new table gives "8/25", I want to be able to add in the table above all the funds received in August 2025.

Basically something that would say "check all the dates in this entire table and each time it matches add the attached amount".

I've tried different ways with LOOKUP and SUMIF, but never found something that works properly.

Thank you sooooo much in advance for your help!

iMac 24″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 3:28 PM

2 replies

Apr 23, 2024 10:22 AM in response to HUX3D3

It sounds like you need to embed an offset and a match in your sumif.

i threw this together at the end of lunch break for ya’ sorry it’s not complete nor pretty, but I think it gets the idea across

look cross the header to find your column, then use that as where your offset will start and it returns a range to. Your sum.

What formula for adding all the values corresponding to a match?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.