Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Podcast app randomly opens and asks me to login - MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Every ten or fifteen minutes the MacOS Podcast app opens itself up and asks me to login. This has just started happening this week and I can't figure out what is causing it.

Because of the login dialog box, I have to force quit it each time. This is particularly annoying if you're doing something in a different app in full screen and then Podcast app randomly opens and pulls you out of full screen to deal with the login prompt.

What is causing Podcasts to open? I thought it was hand-off but I can't trigger podcast app popping up by opening the app on my phone, or plugging my phone in and opening the app, or any similar combination of actions.

From what I have read, it seems that I can't delete the podcast app to stop it from popping up either.

Is anyone else having this issue and how have you solved it? Thanks.

My machine is a Macbook Pro M1 Max (16" / 64GB) running Sonoma 14.4.1

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 4:39 PM

2 replies

Apr 20, 2024 6:51 AM in response to alphamonk

Yes -- incredibly annoying, and constant. And if I try to log in, I enter info, and wait several minutes while it spins and spins, and then finally, an error message shows up saying server not responding. This has apparently been an issue with Big Sur and some people reported that it was resolved when they upgraded to Sonoma, but that's not the case here. Have no idea how to fix this but it's driving me crazy...

FWIW I am also on a MacBook Pro 16" with 64GB RAM --

Podcast app randomly opens and asks me to login - MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.