Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Mac Pro (2019) CRASHES since update to Montery

will not wake from sleep must restart by power button on tower

Mac Pro, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 20, 2024 11:43 AM

7 replies

Apr 23, 2024 1:38 AM in response to scnorman

scnorman Said:

"Mac Pro (2019) CRASHES since update to Montery: will not wake from sleep must restart by power button on tower"

-------

Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple SupportImportant: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to performing the reinstall. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, try this once more, seeing if you still get this error.

Apr 20, 2024 7:38 PM in response to scnorman

Kernel Panic Reports are stored in the Folder at:

/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

If you copy and paste that string into:

Finder > Go menu > Go to Folder

it will take you to the Folder where those reports are stored.

Kernel panic reports are named with Date&Time and start or end in ‘panic’

If you find one, please post the entire report here, by using the “additional text” Icon in the reply footer (looks like a paper with writing).

Please don’t post more about 20 lines of any other types of reports — they are interminable, and any information useful for this purpose is on the first screenful.

Apr 23, 2024 4:56 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

I never found any kernel panics which is why I finally posted for help - fingers crossed looks like a bluetooth issue which I read in another post about Monterey. I was not using third party keyboard or mouse - only the ones that came with the Mac Pro - first time I had gone to full wireless input but figured it was finally stable - seems not always the case.

Mac Pro (2019) CRASHES since update to Montery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.