160GB ipod classic stops playing certain songs half way through, then moves to next song in about 15 seconds

Affected songs play fine in itunes. Affected songs were purchased through itunes store on line.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Apr 20, 2024 9:36 PM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2024 11:50 PM in response to charlieipod

Perhaps the copy on your iPod has become corrupted. I would begin by removing the affected songs from your iPod and then putting them back again.

If you use Sync to manage your library I suggest that you untick (uncheck) the songs in the main Songs view and then connect the iPod to iTunes to allow a Sync to take place. This will remove the unticked songs from the iPod. Check one or two of the "removed" songs to ensure that they have been removed. If by any chance they stay on the iPod, check the Device/Setting/Summary pane to ensure that the option Sync only ticked (checked) songs and videos is turned on:

Once the Sync has competed, put the tick back on for each of the songs and then let a further Sync take place. Once the songs are back on the ipod, see if they will play correctly.

If you use Manually Manage to manage your iPod, then you will have to:

• connect the iPod to your iTunes Library
    • use the On My Device/Music option (it's in the left hand sidebar) to find and delete the affected songs from your ipod
    • drag the affected songs back onto your iPod

160GB ipod classic stops playing certain songs half way through, then moves to next song in about 15 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.