Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone XS Max battery is slowing down

My phone XS Max is getting slow and off though the charge is showing 45%

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 20, 2024 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2024 10:16 PM

kalam_english Said:

"Iphone XSMax: My phone XS Max is getting slow and off though the charge is showing 45%"

-------

Troubleshooting Slow iPhone Charge:

The iPhone battery will not charge, unless it is plugged in and charging. With lots installed, the charge would be slower. It would also depend on the Battery Health and how you are suing heal it is charging..  Go Here: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support - Scroll down to "Your battery's maximum capacity"

View the Battery Health:

Apple recommends you get a new battery, once the Battery Health reaches 80% or lower. When the Battery Health is 80% or lower, it is time for a new battery.

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: Battery
  3. Tap: Battery Health
  4. View: [the percentage]
  5. Is it 80% or less?  If so, it is time for a new battery.

Troubleshooting the Battery:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2024 10:16 PM in response to kalam_english

kalam_english Said:

"Iphone XSMax: My phone XS Max is getting slow and off though the charge is showing 45%"

-------

Troubleshooting Slow iPhone Charge:

The iPhone battery will not charge, unless it is plugged in and charging. With lots installed, the charge would be slower. It would also depend on the Battery Health and how you are suing heal it is charging..  Go Here: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support - Scroll down to "Your battery's maximum capacity"

View the Battery Health:

Apple recommends you get a new battery, once the Battery Health reaches 80% or lower. When the Battery Health is 80% or lower, it is time for a new battery.

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: Battery
  3. Tap: Battery Health
  4. View: [the percentage]
  5. Is it 80% or less?  If so, it is time for a new battery.

Troubleshooting the Battery:

iPhone XS Max battery is slowing down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.