Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Screen time password reset doesn't give me the forgot my password option

I need to reset reset my screen time password in my iPad Pro. I forgot my password for screen time. When I try to reset it is doesn't give me the option to press on forgot my password. I have a iPad Pro.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.6

Posted on Apr 21, 2024 11:31 AM

2 replies

Apr 21, 2024 12:53 PM in response to Triddiford

You will only be able to reset a forgotten ScreenTime Passcode if, when the Password was set, you associated an AppleID for recovery. You should note that setting a recovery AppleID is an entirely optional step - and can be skipped.

If you have forgotten the ScreenTime passcode, one of the two procedures outlined within this link should resolve the problem:

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

If you have an older iPad capable of supporting iPadOS 13.x or later, you should update to the most recent supported version before attempting to resolve a forgotten ScreenTime passcode. The most recent iPadOS updates have introduced the mechanism whereby a forgotten ScreenTime passcode can be reset without wiping the iPad - using the recovery AppleID is previously set.

To reset a forgotten ScreenTime passcode on older versions of iOS/iPadOS, the iPad must be reset “as new”, losing all locally stored data. In this situation, you’ll not be able to restore your data from an iCloud or iTunes backup - as the forgotten passcode is integral to the backup.

Screen time password reset doesn't give me the forgot my password option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.