Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

My Apple Watch series 3 wont charge or factory reset.

My Apple Watch series 3 won’t charge or factory reset. Nothing happens at all when I connect it to the charger (and I have tried two different cables) and when I try to hard reset, I can’t get the Apple logo to come up. When I push the side button and digital crown together for 10-20 seconds all I get is the time and red lightning bolt for a couple of seconds and then it disappears.

I tried the reset on the Watch App but it says it can’t connect to the watch. Any other ideas?

Thanks so much, MG

Posted on Apr 21, 2024 3:25 PM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2024 6:13 PM in response to MG2024

FWIW a lot of people have had trouble updating a series 3 watch. With the limited memory in a series 3 watch, your best option if you have trouble pairing the series 3 watch may be to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them look at it:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

See the replies to:

Apple Watch 3 is stuck on preparing updat… - Apple Community

I have the feeling from your description that the battery might be dead. For repair & service:

Apple Watch Service & Repair - Apple Support

My Apple Watch series 3 wont charge or factory reset.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.