Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Is it possible to get iCal on Sonoma?

I was very happy with iCal on High Sierra. Now I have a new iMac with Calendar, on Sonoma, and I don't like at all. Is it possible to get iCal back?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 21, 2024 4:15 PM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2024 6:35 AM in response to Martha Lyle

Unfortunately, it's not possible to revert to iCal on newer versions of macOS like Sonoma (macOS 10.13) since Apple replaced iCal with the Calendar app starting from macOS Mountain Lion (10.8) onwards. The Calendar app is the successor to iCal and comes pre-installed on all macOS versions from Mountain Lion and later.

While you can't directly install iCal on Sonoma, you can explore alternative calendar apps available on the Mac App Store. There are several third-party calendar apps that offer different features and interfaces, so you might find one that suits your preferences better than the built-in Calendar app.

Before making any changes, it's a good idea to check out the features and reviews of alternative calendar apps to see if they meet your needs. Additionally, if you have specific reasons why you prefer iCal over the Calendar app, you can provide feedback to Apple through their official channels: Apple. While there's no guarantee that they'll bring back iCal, your feedback can help inform future improvements to the Calendar app.

Is it possible to get iCal on Sonoma?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.