Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: If you forgot your Apple Vision Pro passcode

It says I pad unavailable what do I do!

my iPad device says I pad unavailable please press home to unlock what can I do to fix it !?

iPad

Posted on Apr 21, 2024 5:21 PM

2 replies

Apr 21, 2024 8:27 PM in response to Nessaf

Hello,

If you see a waiting period you can wait and try again. If the iPad is actually disabled, or one for which you have forgotten the passcode, Apple provides different solutions depending upon the system version you are using and other criteria.

For devices with iPadOS 15.2 or later* you may be able to use the method in this support article: If you see a iPhone, iPad, or Apple Vision Pro unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support This does not require a computer.

Here is a related video: https://www.youtube.com/watch/7s8-zLG9ySQ

If your device is still running iPadOS 15.1 or earlier, you will need to use the method in this support article: If you forgot your iPad passcode, use your Mac or PC to reset it - Apple Support

You may also need to use this method if:

• your device is not connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network (if you restart your device when you see "Security Lockout" on the Lock Screen, you won't be able to reconnect to a Wi-Fi network until your device is unlocked. Cellular devices will reconnect to a cellular network if you have active service).

• you do not have your Apple ID and password that you used to set up your device.

*These models, when running iPadOS 15.2 or later, do not require a computer:

iPad Air2, iPad mini4 (if updated)

iPad Pro

iPad Air 3rd generation and later

iPad (5th generation and later)

iPad mini (5th generation and later)

Here are resources if you are prompted for your username and password and have forgotten them:

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support Note that typically this is an email address you use.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you do not have a computer, use this link Find Locations to find an Apple service location, or ask a friend if you can use theirs. This can be a Mac, or a PC with iTunes. If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, read this support article --> If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Whichever method you use will result in erasing the iPad. There is no way of avoiding this. You can, however, restore it from a backup as described in this support article --> Restore your device - Apple Support

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, read this support article --> If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you reset your passode in the last 72 hours and have forgotten it, read this article about a special reset service available in iPadOS 17 and higher. --> Temporarily use your old passcode when you forget your new passcode on iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

It says I pad unavailable what do I do!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.