Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

how can I change my iPhone password when apple has me locked out by security delay? Frustration!!

Every time that I follow the instructions for resetting my password on the iPhone, I get security delay information. Nothing is working to let me in! As a result, I cannot use any of my Apple devices. Please help with a simple solution. Thanks.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 21, 2024 8:06 PM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2024 9:13 PM in response to Najujan

Sounds like you chose to enable stolen device protection. It’s part of the security feature and outlined in their support articles for your information before enabling it. About Stolen Device Protection for iPhone - Apple Support

• Security Delay: Some security actions such as changing your Apple ID password also require you to wait an hour and then perform a second Face ID or Touch ID authentication. 
  • When your iPhone is in a familiar location, these additional steps are not required, and you can use your device passcode like usual. Familiar locations typically include your home, work, and certain other locations where you regularly use your iPhone. If you choose, you can set up Stolen Device Protection to always require these additional security measures, even when your iPhone is in a familiar location.

how can I change my iPhone password when apple has me locked out by security delay? Frustration!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.