Notes are not syncing

I am running the latest versions of all software on iMac, iPhone and iPad. For all devices, Notes are set to update to iCloud. I have almost 1 TB remaining, so storage space is not a problem.

Notes are not syncing on my devices. I have logged in and out of iCloud on all devices, restarted, etc.

It appears this is a known problem and people have had issues for years. Has anyone found a fix?

At the top of Notes on my iMac, there is a constantly spinning symbol next to "iCloud" but it never stops, even overnight or after several days. I'm guessing if it would complete loading to iCloud, I'd be able to see my Notes updates on the other devices. If I add something to my iPhone, it also does not sync back to the iMac.

I have used Notes for years and never had this issue until this week.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 21, 2024 9:33 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 24, 2024 8:12 AM in response to Badtower

I've also been having this issue, for a few weeks now.

I had tried all the suggested solutions, but none worked.

Here's what just worked for me, instantaneously:

1. Go to Settings on your iPhone.
  2. choose Notes
  3. choose Accounts
  4. choose Fetch New Data
  5. choose iCloud
  6. on this page, (1) ensure "Push" is checked under SELECT SCHEDULE, and (2) ensure "Notes" is checked under PUSHED MAILBOXES. (on my iPhone, Notes under Pushed Mailboxes was not checked)
  7. then, hit the Back arrow at top left to return to Fetch New Data, and under FETCH, ensure "Automatically" is checked
  8. Exit out of the iPhone settings
  9. at this point, my MacBook Notes immediately synced with my iPhone Notes.
  10. to confirm, I did a test note on my MacBook and within seconds the test note appeared on my iPhone Notes.
  11. and to further confirm, I did a test note on my iPhone and within seconds that test note appeared on my MacBook Notes.

Hope this works for you!

Notes are not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.