Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Loading Podcasts

My podcast app is so slow to load it just spins and spins for what seems like two minutes. Half the time I will get a message that says I have to retry. Why does this take so long? Is there anyway to fix this? It’s quite annoying.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Apr 22, 2024 3:16 AM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2024 6:15 AM in response to puppykitty20

First, ensure that your iPad has a stable internet connection. Slow loading times can occur if your device is struggling to connect to the internet or if the network is congested. Try switching between Wi-Fi and cellular data to see if the issue persists on different networks.

Next, try clearing the cache of the Podcasts app. To do this, go to Settings > General > iPad Storage, then find the Podcasts app and tap on it. You should see an option to "Offload App" or "Delete App." Offloading the app will remove the app but keep its data intact, while deleting the app will remove it entirely. Choose the appropriate option and then reinstall the Podcasts app from the App Store. This can help refresh the app and potentially resolve any performance issues.

If clearing the app cache doesn't improve the loading times, consider updating your iPad to the latest version of iPadOS. Software updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements that can address issues like slow loading times.

If the problem persists after trying these steps, contacting Official Apple Support for further assistance may be necessary. They can provide personalized help and guide you through additional troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.

Loading Podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.