Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Bell Fibe TV MacAir Access

Can no longer access my Bell Fibe TV programming to watch TV on my 2011 MacAir (Sonoma) running Safari 13.2.1. I have been watching TV on this device for several years now but it stopped working last week or so. I now just get a black Safari screen with the progress bar cycling five times when I try to log into my TV provider server and then it stops trying to connect with just a black Safari window open.

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Apr 22, 2024 2:14 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 23, 2024 8:10 AM in response to AV8history

AV8history wrote:

Thanks Phil I made a mistake in my question. It’s a 2011 MacAir running High Sierra 10.13.6 and Safari 13.1.2. My service provider was no help and referred me to Apple.

Try clearing the Cache on Safari: https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/clear-safari-cache/

Then try again.

If you have not done so, try completely closing down Safari with the Quit option in the Safari menu.If it still won't work, try restarting your Mac.

If nothing works, then try a different web browser like Firefox: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Apr 22, 2024 2:23 PM in response to AV8history

A 2011 MacBook Air cannot be running Sonoma (macOS 14). It is not compatible with it. Safari 13.2.1 cannot be installed on Sonoma. It is available for macOS 10.13 High Sierra, 10.14 Mojave and 10.15 Catalina.

Sonoma requires a 2018 or later MacBook Air.

Contact your TV provider directly. They may no longer be correctly supporting the old Safari version (13.2.1) you are using on 2011 Mac and may require a newer one.

Apr 23, 2024 10:50 AM in response to Phil0124

Thanks but I've tried all of your suggested solutions prior to posting this help request and nothing worked!

Firefox will only support my OS version until September 2024 so probably time to trade in or sell my old machine or try running it with Linux. Thats probably why it no longer works with my TV providers streaming service.

Thanks for you help.

Bell Fibe TV MacAir Access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.