Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Setting in "content blockers" does not show my adblocker (iPad Pro)

After much deliberation, I chose an adblocker for my iPad, my main device. It is one specifically designed for Appe products. I followd all instructions, but all that shows up on my content blocker page in "all websites." which is selected. Shut down the iPad and reinstalled the app. Still nothing. I was advised on a website to choose a comparable adblocker so that the original one would, I don't know... get in the mood to show up? That didn't work either. I must have some kind of privacy or other mystery choice selected that is preventing either one of these from appearing? They both DID download.

iPad Pro (4th generation)

Posted on Apr 22, 2024 10:17 PM

6 replies

Apr 23, 2024 12:45 PM in response to RUdeliberatelyconfusingme

Having installed 1Blocker, you need to enable the corresponding Safari extensions:

Settings > Safari > [General] Extensions - enable all of the 1Blocker extensions

With 1Blocker installed, you don't need Purify. If installed, delete Purify from your iPad before you encounter unexpected behaviour.

As for your issue when posting to ASC - if you see a red warning upon trying to submit a post after signing-in to ASC, just refresh the page. After refreshing the page, you should see a prompt to Continue Draft.

By example:

May 3, 2024 1:49 AM in response to RUdeliberatelyconfusingme

I cannot envisage the "pulsating, scrolling, twirling" to which you refer.

Try a forced-restart of your iPad - as this will often clear an isolated software issue:

Force restart iPad (models with Face ID or with Touch ID in the top button)

If your iPad doesn’t have the Home button, do the following:

1. Press and quickly release the volume button nearest to the top button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume button farthest from the top button.
  3. Press and hold the top button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the top button.

Force restart iPad (models with the Home button)

Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

If the problem persists after performing the restart, it may be necessary to reset your iPad settings. While this reset will not cause any loss of data, as a precaution, it is always wise to ensure that you have a current iCloud or iTunes backup before performing the reset:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

When you are happy to proceed, you can perform the reset from iPad settings:

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad > Reset > Reset All Settings

If the problem still doesn’t clear, the next step is to reset the iPad to factory settings:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Otherwise, you would be best advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page. Alternatively and perhaps easier, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You might also visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians may be able to assist:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apr 23, 2024 1:25 PM in response to RUdeliberatelyconfusingme

I'm trying to reply to your last post. I'm using my phone, and I am typing into a Redbox. Even on my phone. I can't even access a message box now on my iPad Pro.

I did it turn on all of the extensions last night. I just went to check and be sure they were still on. Instead I saw the 1Blocker icon with the download symbol. Very mysterious. So I re-downloaded it, but I cannot get to the page you want me to get to. The only page I see is "all extensions." It is on, but it turns itself off when I leave that page. I hope I can post this

Setting in "content blockers" does not show my adblocker (iPad Pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.