Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPad Air (5th Generation) not charging after 17.4.1

Please read this post in its entirety, before responding; we don’t need to unnecessarily rehash the obvious.

Unfortunately, after the 17.4.1 patch, my Air 5 stopped charging…

Let me explain:

Once device obtains a 100% charge, cable is removed, battery drops to 99% or lower, the USB-C port is closed and will not reopen / recognize a USB-C cable until restarted.

I know I’m not the only person experiencing this anomaly, as it is discussed openly on the internet. If one takes the time to Google / search this topic, it becoming quite obvious, I’m not alone…

Related issues began to appear shortly after 17.1 (and earlier) on some M1 devices.

Is anyone else experiencing or had experienced similar issues… have you found a work around?

Hard Restart / Restart only temporarily opens the port until the next 100% (I do my best to catch it before it obtains 100%).

I’ve checked the port, it is clean, I’ve tried various Apple / MFi cables and various charging blocks with a minimum of 17w… Still persists.

This did not become an issue until 17.4.1 was issued.

Thank you in advance for your feedback…

iPad Air (5th generation)

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 12:26 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

iPad Air (5th Generation) not charging after 17.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.