Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How to fix sound functionality on iPhone 11

EVERY sound on my iPhone 11 randomly stops. I have my settings so that when I am texting the keyboard makes a click sound, my videos I’ve taken with the phone, you tube videos, games etc. every sound just stops. I have rebooted the phone several times within a 20 minute period. Sometimes that works, sometimes not. Internet connections are fine. Please help.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 4:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 4:42 AM

1. Check Silent Mode Switch: Make sure the silent mode switch (also known as the Ring/Silent switch) on the side of your iPhone is not set to silent mode. If it is, toggle it to the non-silent position.
  2. Adjust Volume: Check if the volume level is turned down or muted. Press the Volume Up button on the side of your iPhone to increase the volume.
  3. Check Settings: Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and ensure that the volume levels are appropriately set for ringtones, alerts, and other sounds.
  4. Disable Bluetooth: If you're using Bluetooth accessories, try turning off Bluetooth temporarily to see if the sound issue persists. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and toggle the switch off.
  5. Contact Apple support for possible hardware problems.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2024 4:42 AM in response to CRKPSHREW

1. Check Silent Mode Switch: Make sure the silent mode switch (also known as the Ring/Silent switch) on the side of your iPhone is not set to silent mode. If it is, toggle it to the non-silent position.
  2. Adjust Volume: Check if the volume level is turned down or muted. Press the Volume Up button on the side of your iPhone to increase the volume.
  3. Check Settings: Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and ensure that the volume levels are appropriately set for ringtones, alerts, and other sounds.
  4. Disable Bluetooth: If you're using Bluetooth accessories, try turning off Bluetooth temporarily to see if the sound issue persists. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and toggle the switch off.
  5. Contact Apple support for possible hardware problems.

How to fix sound functionality on iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.