Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPhone storage full but 2TB free?

if my iPhone storage is full and i pay for the iCloud storage of 2Tb why can I not continue to take more pictures?

Photos are the only thing i use it for, i only have 7,000 photos and i know people with double that or triple it that don’t have this issue?

I don’t understand what I’m paying for when I’m buying the 2Tb if the photos don’t translate over to that?

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 9:12 AM

You’re looking at cloud storage, not local storage. They are not the same thing.

Cloud storage is used for backups, syncing things like iCloud Photo Library, and the contents of your iCloud Drive. It is not available for local use.

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 23, 2024 9:17 AM in response to iesha118

You must have been under the impression that buying more iCloud Storage would somehow give you more memory on your iPhone? There is NO way to add memory to an iPhone once purchased. All you have done is added space to the cloud to sync data and do backups. Whether you really need to be paying for 2TB of iCloud Storage is up to you, but seems a bit unnecessary at this point.

Read this about the difference between Device Storage and iCloud Storage --> What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

Finally, if you are out of space on your iPhone, the only thing you can do is delete things you don't need or use, such as Photos, Music, Files, Messages, Email, Apps, etc.

Next time you purchase an iPhone, make sure you buy one with enough storage to meet your needs.

iPhone storage full but 2TB free?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.