Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How do I eliminate the message, iOS 17.4.1 is available for your iPhone?

After updating my phone, whenever plugging iPhone into IMac to charge, I get the message “iOS 17.4.1 is available for your iPhone. …But I already upgraded the phone and have confirmed it is enabled with this version. Why does this now pop onto my computer screen? And if I leave the phone plugged in to the computer, a fresh message repeats in a minute. The result is a desktop full of warnings where I must then click on the teenie-sized x to delete each version of the warning. How do I prevent this notification?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 9:18 AM

4 replies

Apr 23, 2024 9:39 AM in response to BEP257

If your iPhone has been updated wirelessly (over-the-air) but your Mac's data hasn't reflected this change yet, there are a few steps you can take to ensure that your Mac's data is updated:

Sync with iTunes or Finder: If you used to update your iPhone using iTunes or Finder on your Mac, you can still sync your iPhone with your Mac to update the data. Connect your iPhone to your Mac using a USB cable and open iTunes or Finder (depending on your macOS version). You should see your iPhone listed, and you can initiate check for updates (See the pic below). This will do the needful.

How do I eliminate the message, iOS 17.4.1 is available for your iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.