Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Not getting email notifications when I get emails.

I’m using the default Apple email app and I’m only getting email notifications for the Hotmail account tied to my Apple account. My other two Gmail accounts on the same app don’t get emails until I open the email app. I have the settings to fetch automatically for Gmail account and push on the iCloud account. Thank you! :)

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 9:50 AM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2024 6:21 PM in response to Masterben42

You may want to check how your notifications are set up: eg: in accordance with Apple's methods.

ie: Browse through the info. in: Change notification settings on iPhone - Apple Support

Eg: says:

"Most notification settings can be customized for each app. You can turn app notifications on or off, have notifications play a sound, choose how and where you want app notifications to appear when your device is

unlocked, and more".

and

"Receive Web Push notifications from web apps

You can receive standard Web Push notifications from a web app

when you add its website icon to your Home Screen.

Web Push notifications can keep you informed of activity in the app. After you subscribe for push notifications within the web app, the app can send you notification alerts and badges similar to the ones you get from other apps on your iPhone".

Not getting email notifications when I get emails.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.