Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

HDMI for the video and Airplay for the sound

Hi,

I prepare my next video setup and it's based on an Apple TV 4K plugged via HDMI 2.0 on an Epson projector. For the sound I would like to use two KEF speakers with Airplay (speakers are compatible).

The Apple TV would be on the local network with the LAN port.

Is it possible with those conditions to display video from the Apple TV to the projector (hdmi) and the sound on the speakers with airplay ?

Thanks

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 5:26 PM

You should be able to do this, as long as the speakers and the Apple TV are on the same network. Go to Settings/ Video and Audio/ Audio Output/ Temporary Audio Output. Under Temporary Audio Output, you should see a list of Airplay devices that you can choose from that are on the same network as your Apple TV.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2024 5:26 PM in response to Alanperf

You should be able to do this, as long as the speakers and the Apple TV are on the same network. Go to Settings/ Video and Audio/ Audio Output/ Temporary Audio Output. Under Temporary Audio Output, you should see a list of Airplay devices that you can choose from that are on the same network as your Apple TV.

HDMI for the video and Airplay for the sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.