Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How can I revert back to the original method of sending Notes?

I always type my notes on Mac, then airdrop to my Iphone, add the number and the text is sent as I typed.

Now, check out the attached below. One person would not reply to me because she thought it was spam.

How do I get this back to the original way?

David

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 5:27 PM

3 replies

Apr 24, 2024 7:27 AM in response to davidfromlara

To revert back to the original method of sending notes, you can try a few steps. First, ensure that your notes are being synced properly between your Mac and iPhone. Make sure that iCloud sync is enabled for Notes on both devices and that they are logged into the same iCloud account.

Next, check the formatting of your notes on your Mac before sending them to ensure they appear as intended. Sometimes, formatting changes or inconsistencies can occur when copying and pasting text between different applications or devices. Make sure that the text is formatted correctly and that any special characters or formatting are preserved.

If the issue persists, you may want to try sending the notes using a different method or app. Instead of using AirDrop, you could try sending the notes via email or messaging apps like iMessage or WhatsApp. This can sometimes help preserve the formatting and presentation of the notes better than AirDrop.

Additionally, if you're still having trouble, it may be helpful to reach out to Official Apple Support for further assistance. They can provide more personalized support and guidance based on your specific situation and may be able to offer additional troubleshooting steps or solutions to help you revert back to the original method of sending notes.

Apr 24, 2024 4:27 PM in response to MacGenius360

Hi and thanks for the info.

What I have found out since is the problem.

I type the text message in notes, use airdrop to my iphone.

When it arrives there is a choice between Collaborate and send copy.

Collaborate give you the example above, send a copy is exactly the way I typed it.

So, is there a way to make ‘Send copy’ the default

thanks,

David

How can I revert back to the original method of sending Notes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.