Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Macbook Pro 14(2021) - vertical lines on the display screen

My MacBook pro 14inch (2021) model laptop developed vertical lines all of sudden after 2 yrs. I was asked to pay $700 to replace the screen saying flex cable is damaged because of the dust.

did anyone face this issue..a costly laptop and a costly repair without my mistake

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 7:40 PM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2024 9:28 PM in response to Royalgang

Royalgang Said:

"unfortunately, dont have apple care+, so apple store guy said that it costs $700 to replace the display screen.: dust on flex cable....people are calling it as "dustgate"...and design issue"

-------

Device Flaw:

If it is flaw, then, if you had AppleCare+ on it, then Apple would have performed a recall, and have recommend it while discussing this with them. Being that was not mentioned by Apple, they are charing you this money. So, get the new screen. Take this as a learning experience, knowing to get AppleCare+ with a Mac purchase. You might want to see if you can do so, as of this moment, as It may make it less pricey to get this replaced. Find your Mac model name and serial number, and then enter it here to see if you can purchase AppleCare+. Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

Apr 23, 2024 8:15 PM in response to Royalgang

Royalgang Said:

"Macbook Pro 14(2021) - vertical lines on the display screen: My MacBook pro 14inch (2021) model laptop developed vertical lines all of sudden after 2 yrs. I was asked to pay $700 to replace the screen saying flex cable is damaged because of the dust. did anyone face this issue..a costly laptop and a costly repair without my mistake"

-------

$700 for Replacement?:

Who told you this? Do you have AppleCare+ with this? Verify here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support. This is a hardware failure, and there really is nothing you can do about it, but get it replaced.

Any thoughts, as to why this may have occurred?

Macbook Pro 14(2021) - vertical lines on the display screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.