Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: About eSIM on iPhone

So I got locked out my iphone and My iphone is disabled and I forgot my passcode what do I do

SO when I forgot my pass code it locked my out for one hour so I waited I tried again and again this was my 10th time trying my pass code again so when the 10th time I tried to get in It locked me out But it was no time on its now I just trying to restarted the iPhone and I forgot my pass code also my iPhone is disabled .

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 9:23 PM

4 replies

Apr 23, 2024 9:49 PM in response to Marianliggions2

Marianliggions2 Said:

"So I got locked out my iphone and My iphone is disabled and I forgot my passcode what do I do: SO when I forgot my pass code it locked my out for one hour so I waited I tried again and again this was my 10th time"

-------

Troubleshooting a Locked iPhone:

Seems you have a locked iPhone. So, contact Apple Support. Refer to the following...

Hold It Right There!:

Enter the passcode incorrectly too many times, and you'd likely be locked out for good. So, hold it right there, and refer to this link: If you Forgot the Passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is Disabled - Apple Support. It would be the one you've always entered. If you do not know it, then look for it in a location you may have stored it in.

Being Locked Out...

Have any Proof of Purchase?

Unless you have the original packaging and receipt, you may be out of luck. If you do have it, however, then take this to an Apple Store, or an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider)! and they may be able to restore it. The reason for this blockage is all about Security & Privacy.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :) 

Apr 23, 2024 10:15 PM in response to TheLittles

>So, contact Apple Support.

This isn't necessary for a disabled unit. Related factors which do require this are separate issues which Marianliggions2 didn't report having.

>Enter the passcode incorrectly too many times, and you'd likely be locked out for good.

They've already gotten locked out as much they can without restoring it.

>So, hold it right there, and refer to this link: If you Forgot the Passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is Disabled - Apple Support.

That link is for iPads. The thread is about an iPhone.

>It would be the one you've always entered. If you do not know it, then look for it in a location you may have stored it in.

There's no longer anywhere to enter the passcode unless the unit was previously backed up.

>Have any Proof of Purchase? Unless you have the original packaging and receipt, you may be out of luck. If you do have it, however, then take this to an Apple Store, or an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider)! and they may be able to restore it. The reason for this blockage is all about Security & Privacy.

That point is for the activation lock and doesn't matter for disabled units. Apple can't retrieve the data from them, even if supplied with proof of purchase; the owner is supposed to back their data up.

>With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple.

This is no longer true and shouldn't be used in posts.

(252652)

So I got locked out my iphone and My iphone is disabled and I forgot my passcode what do I do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.