How to fix authentication of SMS Code issues with non-iPhone users on iPhone Pro

I got my iPhone 15 pro this past Christmas and have recently been having this SMS issue. I’d say it’s been about 2 months that I can’t login to accounts on apps that send SMS codes to my iPhone for me to be allowed to use the account. It’ll say it sent a code, but it never pops up. My iPhone software is up-to-date and I have tried turning off my iPhone multiple times. I have made sure that Wi-Fi calling is on, and MMS and SMS are turned on as well. I’ve also made sure the blocked caller/calling is turned off too.

And a couple days ago, one of my best friends, who is an android user, asked me via Instagram if I had blocked her because she could not text me. And I literally just texted her on March 15th! I feel like I’m just waiting to be logged out of my accounts and not be able to log back in, because I can’t turn off 2-factor authentication without receiving an SMS code! And I can’t text my friend anymore apparently because it won’t go through! I feel like I’ve done all the troubleshooting I can… If I have missed anything, please let me know. I don’t know what else to try…

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 11:27 PM

3 replies

Apr 24, 2024 8:04 AM in response to PookElucy

PookElucy wrote:

I got my iPhone 15 pro this past Christmas and have recently been having this SMS issue. I’d say it’s been about 2 months that I can’t login to accounts on apps that send SMS codes to my iPhone for me to be allowed to use the account. It’ll say it sent a code, but it never pops up. My iPhone software is up-to-date and I have tried turning off my iPhone multiple times. I have made sure that Wi-Fi calling is on, and MMS and SMS are turned on as well. I’ve also made sure the blocked caller/calling is turned off too.
And a couple days ago, one of my best friends, who is an android user, asked me via Instagram if I had blocked her because she could not text me. And I literally just texted her on March 15th! I feel like I’m just waiting to be logged out of my accounts and not be able to log back in, because I can’t turn off 2-factor authentication without receiving an SMS code! And I can’t text my friend anymore apparently because it won’t go through! I feel like I’ve done all the troubleshooting I can… If I have missed anything, please let me know. I don’t know what else to try…

Report the issue to your cellular data provider SMS is their feature.

How to fix authentication of SMS Code issues with non-iPhone users on iPhone Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.