Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How can I free up more space on my Mac?

I've been running into some storage issues with my Mac lately, as it seems like I'm constantly running out of space. Despite my efforts to delete unnecessary files and applications, my storage remains critically low, and I'm struggling to figure out how to free up more space. I've tried manually deleting large files, emptying the trash, and even using the built-in storage management tools, but I still can't seem to reclaim enough space to alleviate the problem.

Do you have any good suggestions on how I can free up more space on my Mac?

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 12:45 AM

4 replies

Apr 24, 2024 12:46 AM in response to Fanrkliiy

Fanrkliiy Said:

"How can I free up more space on my Mac?"

-------

Save a few, and clear local space.

Freeing Up a Desktop Mac Storage:

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage. Do so, though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

• Cookies perform remembrance of certain site-entered data.
  • Cache keeps a snapshot of the last time you visited a site.

Go Here: Manage Cookies and Website Data in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also...

C.See these Links:

Apr 24, 2024 3:21 AM in response to Fanrkliiy

One effective way to free up space on your Mac is by transferring files to an external SSD, which is quite cheap now. An external SSD offers fast and reliable storage and can help to backup less frequently used large files in your Mac, such as old movies and videos. This allows the Mac running more smoothly and efficiently.

This is one of the best solutions to free up space on Mac without deleting any files. Just make sure the SSD is fully compatible with your Mac.

Apr 24, 2024 2:30 AM in response to Fanrkliiy

Delete unnecessary files: Go through your files and folders and delete any old or unnecessary files, documents, or applications that you no longer need.

Clear out your Downloads folder: Regularly clean out your Downloads folder by deleting any files that you no longer need.

Empty the Trash: Make sure to regularly empty your Trash to permanently delete any files and free up space on your Mac.

Store files in iCloud or an external storage device: Consider moving files and documents to iCloud or an external storage device to free up space on your Mac.

Uninstall unused applications: Remove any applications that you no longer use to free up space on your Mac.

The above are easy and effective tricks to help you free up space on Mac.

How can I free up more space on my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.