Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Internet sharing not retaining settings

I am using macbook air m2. When I want to turn on "wifi hotspot" facility via Internet sharing with my macbook, I have to configure it everytime. I am connected to via LAN cable and setup internet of LAN via wifi via configure it. But whenever I needed this functionality, I have to go through same procedure again and again like: Go to the settings - Internet Sharing, set up internet sharing via wifi by adding your user name and password, turn wifi on(this step isn't annoying) and then toggle intenet sharing button again to make functionality work. Even I just put my laptop in sleep mode after turned off internet sharing, if I need to make it work again, I have to go through again this steps just to turn on wifi hotspot(aka Internet Sharing). Can somebody help to solve this in much lesser step? Can macos developer come up with any button called "Wifi Hotspot" as microsoft's os (Windows) have?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 2:26 AM

There are no replies.

Internet sharing not retaining settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.