Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Macbook Keyboard Unresponsive

MacBook Pro, 2015, 15” Retina has unresponsive keyboard, running MacOS 11 Big Sur, throughout testing I’ve seen both the power and shift key work to activate safe boot. However, even in safe boot keys still do not function. Given the two keys work, the keyboard cannot be disconnected internally, it must be a software issue, any ideas?

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 3:50 AM

4 replies

Apr 24, 2024 4:34 AM in response to kaz-k

It’s not my MacBook, so I’m not sure how helpful they would be. It’s my brothers MacBook, he forgot his password and the keys weren’t working so he gave it to me to help. I’m trying to crack his password and fix the issue, right now I’m focused on the keys though, so I can tackle the bigger issue without being handicapped. The Laptop was bought at a thrift store that didn’t make sure the old owners Apple ID was taken off, which means a simple iCloud password recovery is not an option sadly, because I know some keyboard issues like this can be fixed by the software settings.

[Edited by Moderator]

Macbook Keyboard Unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.