Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Universal Clipboard, Continuity Camera and other features don't work on my MBP M3 and iPhone 15 Pro

Hello, Apple Community!

I recently bought MacBook Pro M3 (macOS Sonoma 14.4.1) and iPhone 15 Pro (iOS 17.4.1) and noticed, that the following features don't work:

• Universal Clipboard;
  • Continuity Camera;
  • iPhone isn't showed in Finder under Locations list (option "Show this iPhone when on Wi-Fi" is enabled);
  • Can't use iPhone as a hotspot (Connection established, Internet isn't available).

I tried different things to solve the issue, but none of them work. What have I tried:

• enabling/disabling Wi-Fi on both devices;
  • enabling/disabling Bluetooth on both devices;
  • enabling/disabling Handoff on both devices;
  • logging in/logging out from Apple ID;
  • enabling/disabling firewall;
  • loading using Safe Mode;
  • setting ClipboardSharingEnabled to true:
defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.coreservices.useractivityd.plist ClipboardSharingEnabled 1

Devices use same Apple ID, share same Wi-Fi network, Handoff is enabled, Bluetooth is enabled. Both devices could be searched by their serial number on Apple website. There's no problem in syncing files via iCloud so they are available on both devices, also AirDrop works perfectly.

On my Mac, I logged in using Administrator account.

Also, I found quite weird thing: each time I copy something on my MBP, Paste menu is available on iPhone but it doesn't paste anything.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 3:53 AM

2 replies

Apr 24, 2024 8:03 AM in response to xtenzq

It seems like you've already tried several steps to address the issue with Universal Clipboard, Continuity Camera, and other features not working between your MacBook Pro M3 and iPhone 15 Pro. Since these features rely on various factors like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Handoff, and system settings, it's puzzling that they're still not functioning properly despite your efforts.

Given that you've exhausted several steps, it might be beneficial to reach out to Official Apple Support for further assistance. They have specialized tools and expertise to diagnose and resolve complex issues like this.

Additionally, you could consider checking for any software updates for both your MacBook Pro and iPhone. Sometimes, new updates include bug fixes that could potentially resolve compatibility issues between devices.

If the problem persists even after reaching out to Apple Support and ensuring both devices are up to date, it might be worth exploring alternative methods for transferring files and sharing content between your devices temporarily until a solution is found.

Universal Clipboard, Continuity Camera and other features don't work on my MBP M3 and iPhone 15 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.