Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Re-boot loop

Good day,

I hope you can help me. I bought my Apple iPhone 14 pro in March 2023 from my service provider. On Sunday the 21st of April 2024, I plugged my phone in to charge as it was completely flat. The charging icon came on and I left it for approximately 30mins. When I went to have a look at my device the apple logo just kept flashing. I took my device straight to my nearest Apple Store. They tried a soft reset as well as a force shut down with no luck what so ever. I then agreed to have the device sent to Core service centre. They have now quoted me over 13K to fix my device. The was no negligence with the device in fact the phone is still brand new.

I would please like to request for a warranty extension or goodwill. I am 1 month past my warranty on my device. I would really appreciate attention to this matter as I have been an apple client for a very long time. My first apple phone was the Apple 5. This is the first time I have ever had an issue like this with one of my apple products. I have always been very happy with each and every Apple product that I have had and have. But I am really not happy that my 1year 1month old phone that has been handled with extra care, can have this kind of component failure. You assistance too this matter would be of greatly appreciate.

Kind regards

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 6:55 AM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2024 10:35 PM in response to Michaelade94

Here are some common solutions you can attempt:

1. Follow the Apple article to resolve the issue --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen ...
  2. If not resolved; please follow the steps in the following link for support with this issue: If your iOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly
  3. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary software glitches. Turn off your iPhone, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
    1. Restart the device. That's it.
    2. Still not solved --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  4. Make sure you have the latest updates installed. Update using iTunes/Finder —> Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (IN)
  5. You still see a black screen after charging, force restarting, following the steps in this article.
    1. You see a black screen, but you can hear alerts, sounds, and vibrations.
    2. The screen remains black, but the device chirps when you unmute it and connect it to power.
    3. Your screen is on, but it doesn't respond when you tap, slide, or try other gestures. 
    4. You can't force your device to restart because a button is broken or stuck.
    5. Your device is stuck on the Apple logo, displays a solid color, or isn't recognized in iTunes.
    6. Contact Apple Support to set up service if you have any of the above issues:
  6. Please follow the steps in the following Apple Video for support with this issue:

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it is recommended to reach out to Apple Support or visit an authorized service center for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your device model and iOS version.

Re-boot loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.